This QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS recipe only takes 15 minutes and will taste just like your grandmother’s “made from scratch” version.
Chicken and Dumplings is one of the top southern comfort foods. This quick and easy recipe is one of the BEST RECIPES to use if you are bringing a meal to a friend in need. It is so quick and easy to make, and transport.
Also, it is very affordable, with only 3 INGREDIENTS NEEDED. Delivering a meal to a friend or family member is one of the best gifts you can give. This QUICK and EASY CHICKEN and DUMPLINGS RECIPE is always my go-to recipe for a meal train.
Chicken and dumplings have been a favorite in my family for as long as I can remember. My grandmother would make hers completely from scratch, spending hours in the kitchen. As much as I love cooking, I don’t have a lot of time. So with the convenience of a supermarket rotisserie chicken, I came up with this Quick and Easy Chicken & Dumplings Recipe. This recipe is the closest to my grandmother’s home-made chicken & dumpling recipe, without putting in much effort or time. In fact, most people think I make it completely from scratch.
If you are from the South, then you have probably had chicken and dumplings, if not, then you must try them. Such a perfect meal for a cold, crisp day. I also have a really easy dessert recipe that is perfect for a cold day. Whether you are making this for your family or to give to a family in need, you won’t be disappointed with this super quick and easy chicken and dumpling recipe! Now let’s get started.
- 1 large can of biscuits
- 1- 32 oz carton of Chicken Broth
- Chopped or shredded chicken from a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- Heat the chicken broth in a large pot on medium-high heat until boiling.
- Cut each biscuit into 1/16 pieces. Or pinch them into small pieces.
- Drop your biscuit pieces into the boiling broth and stir.
- Turn the heat to low/medium and cover.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes to keep from sticking.
- Stir in chicken, cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper for taste.
Tips: Add a 1/2 cup of water to the broth if you prefer your dumplings more soupy. Use a pizza cutter to cut the biscuits super fast.
What is your favorite comfort meal?