DIY Nutcracker ballerina ornaments to add to your Sugar Plum Fairy Christmas Decor!
Check out the simple tutorial on how to make these simple Sugar Plum Fairy decorations!
Bring the magic of the Nutcracker ballet to life with a delightful DIY project to create your very own Sugar Plum Fairy ornaments.
Using simple materials like craft sticks, paint, tulle, and glitter, you can craft a charming and elegant ornament that captures the essence of this beloved Nutcracker Ballet character.
You can easily create your own DIY Sugar Plum Fairy ornament using simple craft supplies and pastel colors, adding a new kind of whimsy to your pink Christmas decor.
These charming ornaments, inspired by the story of the Nutcracker, can be hung on the Christmas tree or used to embellish a whimsical tablescape, evoking visions of sugar plums and the land of sweets.
Sugar Plum Fairy Christmas Decor
If you have followed me, you know we always make our own ornaments every holiday season.
My little girl always comes up with a theme tree idea for her miniature Christmas tree in her room.
She has the crafting gene, and just like me, she likes to make her own DIY decor.
Again, if you have been following along, you may have seen a pattern to know that my little girl loves pink.
Last year, we made pink gnome ornaments.
The year before, we made shooting star ornaments with air-dried clay.
So this year, keeping up with her pink Christmas trend, we had to make sugar plum fairy decorations to accompany her Nutcracker ballet theme.
How To Make A Sugar Plum Fairy Ornament
Follow the detailed instructions to carefully assemble and paint the fairy, adding intricate details and finishing touches to bring a touch of enchantment to your holiday decorations.
Start the magical season by crafting your sugar plum ornaments in blush pink!
- Craft sticks
- Pastel purple, pastel pink, light brown, and black acrylic paint
- Pastel purple and pink tulle
- Metallic silver
- Silver pipe cleaners
- Light yellow and black felt
- White glitter
- White craft glue
- Extra fine tip paint brush
- Angled paint brush
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
Sugar Plum Fairy Ornament Instructions:
1. Take 2 craft sticks and carefully hot glue a small rectangle of felt to the back to attach them together securely.
2. Repeat the previous step with two more craft sticks, and then glue one set on top of the other set, positioning them about halfway down to form the base structure.
3. Using pastel-colored paint, carefully paint the dress and slippers of the Sugar Plum Fairy.
To create an African American Fairy, paint the remaining craft stick light brown.
4. Cut a strip of tulle measuring approximately 6” x 5”.
Fold it in half 2-3 times and then meticulously hot glue it onto the bottom of the painted dress, ensuring to pleat the tulle as you fold and glue.
Attach the ends of the tulle to the back of the fairy and trim off any excess tulle if necessary.
5. Cut another piece of tulle, this time about 3” x 4”, and glue it on top of the tulle skirt.
Trim the bottom into points to add an elegant touch.
6. Take a silver pipe cleaner and fold it into two loops, with one loop slightly smaller than the other.
Trim off any excess pipe cleaner. Repeat this step to create another set of loops.
7. Carefully hot glue the Sugar Plum Fairy wings onto the back of the fairy’s dress, ensuring a secure attachment.
8. Cut a piece of felt approximately the size of a nickel for the hair.
Then, cut the nickel-sized piece in half and carefully glue each piece at an opposite angle to create the fairy’s hair.
Cut another tiny piece of felt for the bun of the hair and carefully glue it on top of the felt hair, as pictured in the instructions.
9. With a fine-tip small paintbrush and black paint, delicately paint the fairy’s eyes, adding intricate eyelashes and ensuring a lifelike and expressive appearance on the fairy’s face.
10. Take a silver Sharpie to meticulously paint intricate laces onto the slippers, paying attention to detail and design.
The ballet shoes with silver accents really make this Nutcracker ballerina ornament stand out.
Additionally, use the silver sharpie to outline the tip of the dress, adding a touch of elegance and refinement to the ornament.
11. Carefully spread glue onto the fairy’s dress using the tip of your finger.
Sprinkle an appropriate amount of white glitter on top of the glue, ensuring even coverage.
Gently shake off any excess glitter over a trash receptacle, and then allow the fairy ornament to dry thoroughly, ensuring that the glitter adheres securely to the dress, adding a magical and sparkling touch to the finished ornament.
Lastly, be sure to hot glue a loop of twine to the back of the ballerina nutcracker ornament.
Sugar Plum Fairy Decorations
With supplies from your local craft store, you can bring the enchanting world of sugar plum fairies to life, creating unique and charming Christmas ornaments that will add a magical touch to your festive display.
These cute sugar plum fairy decorations can be used in many ways.
You can stand these nutcracker ballerinas next to pink bottle brush trees and tall candles for a whimsical tablescape or mantel decor.
You can even add some miniature wooden nutcrackers beside them.
I bought a set of small wood nutcrackers at my local craft store.
Or you can even add these to gift tags or stockings.
Be sure to download free initial stocking tags.
Hope you enjoyed making these sugar plum fairy decorations with me.
Wishing you a magical and joyful holiday season filled with the enchantment of the Nutcracker Ballet and all the whimsical delights of the season!