Motivational decluttering quotes to get inspired when you are overwhelmed by clutter.
These decluttering quotes will provide you with a quick burst of motivation to focus on clearing the clutter.
Finally, stop being overwhelmed with too much stuff!
Are you overwhelmed by clutter and mess caused by mounds of things you own? Trust me, I get it. I’ve been there.
There was a time I was drowning in clutter!
I actually believed that the overwhelming stress of a cluttered home was a “normal” part of life.
Overwhelmed By Clutter
One of the first steps of dealing with being overwhelmed by clutter is to get past the frustrating emotions of guilt.
The guilt of all the wasted money and the guilt of letting things go.
How To Start Decluttering When Overwhelmed
When you finally let that “clutter” guilt go you can overcome the overwhelm and finally make some progress in your home.
You can read more about the one thing that helped me change when I was overwhelmed by clutter and mess.
Another thing that helped me get motivated to finally declutter my home was to read helpful quotes to inspire me to stay focused.
Reading decluttering quotes really helped me shed the guilt of letting things go.
Let me tell you from experience when you get rid of stuff, you gain so much more – like more time and more peace of mind.
When you can finally get into that decluttering mindset, you will start being more intentional with everything and everyone in your life.
Often we must clear away a lot of excess stuff to truly appreciate the things that matter.
Now let’s get started with these inspirational decluttering quotes to help you get in the “clear the clutter” mindset!
40 Motivational Decluttering Quotes To Inspire You
1. “The easiest way to organize your stuff is to get rid of it” — Joshua Millburn
2. “Clutter is not just the stuff on your floor – it’s anything that stands between you and the life you want to be living.” — Peter Walsh
3. “The space in which we live should be for the person we are becoming now, not for the person we were in the past.” — Marie Kondo
4. “Outer order contributes to inner calm.” — Gretchen Rubin
5. “Having a simplified, uncluttered home is a form of self-care.” — Emma Schelb
6. “The first step to crafting a life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.” — Joshua Becker
7. “Your home is a living space, not a storage space.” — Francine Jay
8. “Imagine the life waiting for you without all that clutter.” — Myrtle Marie (me)
9. “Owning less is far more beneficial than organizing more.” –Joshua Becker
10. “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.” — William Morris
11. “Get rid of the mess, so you can soak up the moments.” — unknown
12. “Clutter is chaos. It’s a suffocating presence that robs us of peace and joy.” — unknown
13. “To truly cherish the things that are important to you, you must first discard those that have outlived their purpose.” — Marie Kondo
14. “Clutter is symptomatic of delayed decision making.” — Cynthia Kyriazis
15. “The more things you own, the more they own you.” — unknown
16. “Don’t love what can’t love you back!” — Don Aslet
17. “If you want to improve your life immediately, clean out a closet. Often what we hold onto holds us back.” –Cheryl Richardson
18. “Under the influence of clutter, we may underestimate how much time we’re giving to the less important stuff.” –Zoe Kim
19. “You can’t reach for anything new if your hands are full of yesterday’s junk!” — Louise Smith
20. “The best way to enjoy your favorite things is to only own your favorite things.” — unknown
21. “If you don’t love it or use it, toss it!” — Myrtle Marie (me)
22. “If you had something (broken) for 6 months and it’s still not repaired, it’s clutter.” — Gretchen Rubin
Declutter Your Life Quotes
23. “The more you throw away, the more you will find.” — unknown
24. “Happiness is a place between too little and too much.” — Finnish Proverb
25. “You don’t need a heap of clutter to bring back happy memories of those you love.” — Rita Emmett
26. “The best way to find out what we really need is to get rid of what we don’t.” — Marie Kondo
27. “I would much rather have extra time and peace of mind, instead of a lot of stuff!” — Myrtle Marie (me)
28. “Today is the day to rid yourself of anything that distracts from your best life.” –Joshua Becker
30. “Minimalism is about intentionality, not deprivation.” — unknown.
31. “At its heart, clutter is a lack of peace.” –Kathi Lipp
32. If your stuff isn’t serving you, it won’t be serving you any better packed away in a box somewhere.” — Melissa Wilkins
33. “If you hate decluttering and organizing, shop less!” –Shannon Torres
34. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo Davinci
35. “Less stuff, fewer problems. Own less, do more.” — Francine Jay
36. “Collect moments, not things.” –unknown
37. “The fewer things we own, the fewer things we need to clean.” — Myrtle Marie (me)
38. “If you have debt I’m willing to bet that general clutter is a problem for you too.” — Suze Orman
39. “Out of clutter find simplicity. From discord find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” — Albert Einstein
40. “Look around – all that clutter used to be money.” — unknown
Overwhelmed With Too Much Stuff
If you are tired of being overwhelmed with too much stuff then it’s time to take the bull by the horns!
Take a deep breath and just start somewhere, anywhere.
Remember, doing a little decluttering every day will really make a difference.
Take the 30-Day Decluttering Challenge to start clearing the clutter once and for all!
Use the decluttering quotes above to get motivated to create a home you love!
What motivational decluttering quotes inspire you? Please let me know in the comments!