Most little girls love unicorns, my little girl included. From unicorn birthday parties, to unicorn slime, unicorns are a big hit. If you look on Pinterest, you will see many beautiful unicorn cookies, however, they also look really difficult to make. I am a simple kind of Mom, so I wanted to know how to make an EASY unicorn cookie recipe. Simple…meringue.
With the beginning of the school year starting, I always like to make a special treat for my kiddos. Since my younger daughter loves unicorns, unicorn cookies was a perfect choice. She will even be sporting a huge unicorn bow when she attends her first enrichment class next week. My older daughter loves meringue. My youngest child loves sugar. So these delicious unicorn cookies made everyone happy! They are super easy! They are also SUPER CUTE!! And…they taste like marshmallows from Lucky Charms!! Win-win-win!
Only four ingredients are needed, and if you want them to be pretty, you should use a coupler. Luckily, they happen to make a 3-swirl coupler, that makes this recipe so easy. The hardest part about this recipe is the waiting, because they need to bake for 2 hours. Despite that, they are worth the wait!
I also made a video of the recipe. It is linked below. Sometimes, we just need a visual. Or maybe you will just like my choice of music, either way I hope you enjoy watching.
Now, let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Separate the egg whites and dispose of the yolks.
- Beat egg whites with a mixer 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add 1/2 of the sugar.
- Beat on high for 4-5 minutes until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold in the vanilla and the remaining sugar.
- Separate mixture into 3 separate bowls.
- Gently fold in the food coloring until well mixed.
- Use a 3-swirl coupler to pipe out the cookies on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Let cool
- ENJOY 🙂
What are your some of your favorite cookie recipes?